EMMA PILLING DANCE ACADEMY LTD
TERMS AND CONDITONS
1. All students must be enrolled; the Enrolment Form becomes the basis of the agreement with Emma Pilling Dance Academy Ltd (EPDA Ltd).
2. Each student enrolled must have a completed Enrolment Form, read and signed by a parent/guardian.
3. By enrolling at EPDA Ltd, you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions set out hereafter. You will aslo be required to complete a General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Parent/Guardian Consent Form.
4. Fees are due ONE MONTH IN ADVANCE.
5. Fees are due by 15th of each month.
6. An admin fee will be charged for payments that are overdue.
7. Payments may be made by either cash or BACS transfer (bank details available from the EPDA Ltd Office).
8. Class fees range depending on the level and length of a class. Refunds cannot be given for absences of any type.
9. On the rare occasion that adverse weather conditions prevent classes, we regret that no refunds can be made.
10. Students will not be able to participate in any classes with account balances outstanding. Students can re-join classes once fees are paid and up to date.
11. If you wish to terminate your child’s lesson or lessons one month's notice must be given. If pre-payment has been made in line with these terms and conditions, then no refund will be given.
12. Students are entered for examinations at the discretion of the Principal.
13. Exam fee deadlines must be adhered to. Students cannot be entered once the deadline has passed.
14. A refund for non-attendance can only be given on production of a medical certificate, in which case the fees will be transferable to a future examination session of the same genre within 1 year and an admin charge will be applied.
CODE OF CONDUCT – STUDENTS
15. Students are required to arrive in good time for their classes so they do not miss the essential warm up. Latecomers will not be able to join the class until they are warm, to prevent injury. Teachers have the right to refuse entry to a class in case of persistent lateness.
16. No eating or drinking in the studio. Only bottled water is permitted between classes.
17. Students must adhere to correct uniform for all classes.
CODE OF CONDUCT – PARENTS/GUARDIANS
18. Parent/guardians are required to accompany their children to the studio and to collect them from there at the end of class. Parents/guardians must be sighted and are expected to collect their child/children from the waiting room. The school cannot be held responsible for children outside the studio premises.
19. It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to explain to their children the behaviour that is expected of them to ensure their safety in dance classes, whilst on studio premises and for the duration of any off-site performances.
20. The parent/guardian takes full responsibility for their child's conduct and actions.
21. No parents/guardians are allowed into the studio whilst dance classes are in progress - by invitation only.
22. EPDA Ltd reserves the right to refuse admittance to any parent/guardian of a student of the school, if that person demonstrates inappropriate, violent or abusive behaviour/communications to any staff member, student or other parent at EPDA Ltd, class, performance or other event.
USE OF PHOTOGRAPHY, VIDEO AND AUDIO RECORDINGS
23. EPDA Ltd may take photographs of the students and use these images in our school prospectus or in other printed publications that we produce, as well as on our website and social media pages.
24. EPDA Ltd may also make video and audio recordings of students in class, performing at events and our school productions. These videos may be used on our website, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Google+, social media pages or DVD’s.
25. From time to time, the school may be visited by the media who will take photographs of students, which may appear in local or national newspapers or televised news programmes.
26. Parent/guardian consent must be given to the use of all photography and video recordings in line with these terms and conditions, otherwise their children may not be able to take part in classes or other performances.
27. No photography or videoing of any student/s in class time is permitted by students or parents/guardians, without prior permission.
28. Please see further details in our Privacy and Data Protection Policy on our website here:
SAFETY, SAFEGUARDING AND WELL BEING
29. The safety and safeguarding of our students is our top priority.
30. All injuries will be recorded in the Accident book. First Aid equipment is available at the Studio.
31. All teachers possess a clear enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check (previously known as Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) check).
32. Young children may require a member of staff to accompany them to the toilet.
33. No smoking/drugs/alcohol is allowed in or around any area of the Studio.
34. The teaching of dance by necessity involves a "hands on" approach to ensure the safety of the child and correct body alignment. There will therefore be times when teachers have physical contact with the student to make corrections to posture etc. Parental consent must be given.
These Terms and Conditions were last updated on 25th May 2018